My emails won’t send out and/or receive.
1. Go to www.albertacom.com and click on "My Account". "My Account" will appear on the yellow bar near the top of the page once
the webpage finishes loading. The End-User Portal window will open.
2. Enter the username (account number) and password in the appropriate field. Enter the text in the box below the grey box
as you see it in the grey box and click on "Login".
3. You should now be logged in to the customer portal.
TO ACCESS TO THE "MY ACCOUNT" CUSTOMER PORTAL (when User Name and Password are known):
USER NAME: Type your full email address
Incoming mail server type: POP3 Account Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming mail (POP3): mail.albertacom.com Password: _________________________________
Outgoing mail (SMTP): mail.albertacom.com New Password: _________________________________
*Ensure "my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is selected in your email program.
Login information "use same setting as incoming mail server" unless editing a non-Alberta Communication email account.
If editing a non-Alberta Communication email account ensure you click "logon using".
Enter your full email address in the user box and enter the password for the Alberta Communication mail server.
- (Do not change your incoming mail server password for the non-Alberta Communication account)
TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT EMAIL PASSWORD:
Go to www.albertacom.com and click on the webmail button. Enter your account information in the webmail box.
Username: enter your email address as this will be your login ID
Password: type in the password
You should be in the inbox of webmail. On the top of the page click on "options". Type in your current password where requested.
Type your new password and type it again in the "confirm box" and then click on "update".
*Please note with the strong password requirement your new password must contain at least one upper case letter, at least one lower
case letter, and at least on number and be at least 7 characters in length including numbers and special characters ($, #, etc).
At the top of the page click on "sign out".
1. Go to www.albertacom.com and click on "My Account". "My Account" will appear on the yellow bar near the top of the page once the webpage finishes loading. The End-User Portal window will open.
2. Click on "Forgot Username or Password" on the bottom of the End-User Portal window. A forgot password window will open.
3. Enter the full email address we have on record for you in the email field and then enter the text in the box below the grey box as you see it in the grey box. This is sometimes very difficult to read. I can tell you there are no uppercase letters and there are no zeros in the text. Once the email address and the text from the grey box is entered click on 'Submit'.
An email will be sent to the email address we have on record and it will contain the username and password to access
the "My Account" customer portal. The username will be your account number and the password will be as it is written in the email.
4. Go back to the "My Account" page and enter the username (account number) and password that was sent to the email address we have on record in the appropriate fields on the "My Account" login window. Enter the text in the box below the grey box as you see it in the grey box and click on "Login".
*Once in to the customer portal you will be prompted to change your password.
*Once you change your password you will be logged out of the portal and then will have to log back in using your new password.
5. You should have access to the portal at this point.
Alberta Communication Cable Service Inc.